Serrari Group

NCBA Secures Sh6.7 Billion Loan from Proparco for SMEs and Green Financing

NCBA Group has sealed a substantial agreement with Proparco, securing a $50 million loan aimed at bolstering small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and advancing green financing initiatives. The loan, equivalent to approximately Sh6.73 billion, was formalized during a signing ceremony held at Nairobi’s Serena Hotel on March 18, 2024.

Under the terms of the agreement, 60 percent of the funds will be allocated to support SMEs, providing crucial financial support to fuel their growth and contribute to economic development. The remaining 40 percent will be directed towards businesses committed to combating climate change risks, aligning with NCBA’s sustainability agenda.

John Gachora, CEO of NCBA Group, expressed optimism about the collaboration, emphasizing its strategic importance in delivering value to stakeholders. He underscored NCBA’s dedication to mobilizing resources for green financing initiatives and expanding lending to underserved segments, including women and youth entrepreneurs.

Audrey Maignan, East Africa head of Proparco, echoed these sentiments, highlighting the potential impact of the funding on SMEs and environmental initiatives. The partnership signifies a shared commitment towards driving positive change within the Kenyan business landscape, reflecting both institutions’ focus on sustainable growth and development.

photo source: Google

By: Montel Kamau

Serrari Financial Analyst

20th March, 2024

Share this article:
Article and News Disclaimer

The information provided on is for general informational purposes only. While we strive to keep the information up to date and accurate, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information on the website is provided on an "as-is" basis, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.

In no event will be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information provided on the website or for any consequential, special, or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.

The articles, news, and information presented on reflect the opinions of the respective authors and contributors and do not necessarily represent the views of the website or its management. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the individual authors and do not represent the website's views or opinions as a whole.

The content on may include links to external websites, which are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.

Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.

Please note that laws, regulations, and information can change rapidly, and we advise you to conduct further research and seek professional advice when necessary.

By using, you agree to this disclaimer and its terms. If you do not agree with this disclaimer, please do not use the website., reserves the right to update, modify, or remove any part of this disclaimer without prior notice. It is your responsibility to review this disclaimer periodically for changes.

Serrari Group 2023